AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Future Meshing options?

hi
:bulb: will it be possible to implement new more precise ways of meshing in the future?
for example, i use one particle system to create one anisotropic mesh. then id like to use those same particles, for a sphere mesh. but i would like to these spheres to subtract from the first anisotropic mesh.

if i wanted to do this now, i would have to fill the first mesh with particles, fill the second mesh with particles, and use those to delete , cull particles from the first mehs, and then frost that.

not only would that take a long time it also remove option of changing the look of the frost just based on the initial particle system.

wouldn’t it be nice to let frost add or subtract different particle systems or meshes?
have two windows in the pick menu
one for ADDING mesh, one for SUBTRACTING

could that be easy to implement?

this would give us lots of benefits and allow creation of many new meshes with more precise control of surface styles

also a third option, where it would create a bulge around the secondary added mesh balls, integrating them, but still leaving them “independent” would be cool

do these ideas make sense or images more helpful??

cheers :slight_smile:

Yes, I really like the idea of adding and subtracting volumes in Frost. It’s on our wish list for future development.

Are you thinking of an effect similar to filling in the first mesh using a PRT Volume, and then Frosting that?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences