AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Silent Installer MSI

Hi,
Is there any silent install options beyond the following for the Krakatoa.msi installer?

msiexec.exe /i "Krakatoa1.5.1.38002.msi" /qb

I’m looking for the same kind of options as the Deadline silent install option, but with specifics to control the different 3dsMax install paths, plugin.ini configuration, etc.

Thanks,
Mike

After an installation there is a helper tool located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Prime Focus\Krakatoa\bin This tool is used for installing Krakatoa into the various versions of 3dsMax on your machine. The usage of the tool is available by executing it from the command line a --help argument.

---------------------------
Max Plugin Helper Options
Allowed options:
  -h [ --help ]               print a help message
  -p [ --plugin ] arg      the name of the plugin
  -o [ --optplugin ] arg names of optional plugins
  -i [ --install ]            adds the plugin into a selected 3ds Max install
  -r [ --remove ]          removes the plugin from a selected 3ds Max install
  -q [ --quiet ]             runs the helper in quiet mode.
  -m [ --maxexe ] arg  the starting directory for choosing the 3ds Max install
  -w [ --win32 ]           don't look for x64 3dsMax installs

OK   

The “Add Krakatoa to 3ds Max” shortcut in the Prime Focus\Krakatoa\ entry in the start menu has sample usage: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Prime Focus\Krakatoa\bin\MaxPluginHelper.exe” -i -p “Krakatoa” -o “Helium”

In case anyone needs to run a silent install with MaxPluginHelper.exe, specifying the full path up to the 3dsmax.exe doesn’t work in quiet mode.
i.e. MaxPluginHelper.exe -q -i -p "Krakatoa" -o "Helium" -m "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\3dsmax.exe"
This for some reason makes MaxPluginHelper.exe unable to find the specified Max path. The correct way is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Thinkbox\Krakatoa\bin> MaxPluginHelper.exe -q -i -p "Krakatoa" -o "Helium" -m "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012"

we’re trying to run this silent install remotely, seems to still ask for a 3dsmax folder path. our path is the default…

anyone know the way to silent install?

Normally you would run a .msi file like this: msiexec /i "Krakatoa_MX_2.0.2.46508.msi /qn to have a completely quiet install.

/q[n|b|r|f]
Sets user interface level
n - No UI
b - Basic UI
r - Reduced UI
f - Full UI (default)

I tested it though and it looks like Krakatoa MX 2 has broken its quiet installation so that won’t work for you at the moment. I suggest you use the installation method outlined here: http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krak-installation-render-nodes/

This build of a the installer should fix the problems executing the installer with no UI. http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krakatoa-downloads/Krakatoa_MX_2.0.2.46508.msi If that link no longer works, please check the Krakatoa download page http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krakatoa-downloads.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences