AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

KrakatoSR Integration for CINEMA 4D

There is no particle size feature in Krakatoa afaik. One pixel size points is all it renders (+ filtering), there is no particle size setting available Iā€™m afraid.

perfect :slight_smile:

when will it be available?

With the final release of 2.0 :slight_smile:

Official plugin with all features and based on the latest API will be released soon and for free!

Samir:
very good news. Looking forward for the release of V 2.0 :smiley:

Tyler:
Also, very good news.
Canā€™t await to try out your release.
As I see from your picture, you implemented Krakatoa as a full separate renderer.
Did you test if the result can seamlessly be integrated into the main rendering of a complete scene, f.e. with Iray or Vray ?
And did you also implement finally the shaddow generator ?

BR,

Ralf

hey Samir,

this is amazing! especially the osx-version!
if you could implement this as well for effex 2 final release, you would get 100 points plus for your karma :slight_smile:

best
wolfram

We will see to implement the OSX support soon. And remember, it will be free;)

Yehaa.

Great. Yep, will add support as soon as I get my hands on the new build :slight_smile:

any news to your solution tyler?

seems like effex is the only solution available at the moment.
we are just using it in production, its a bit weird but: its there and it works :slight_smile:

btw what about this arnold integration there? can you give any information about that, tyler? sounds interesting :slight_smile:
thanks!

We have X-Particles v2 support, OSX version build ready, and are going to add more special features to make this the one-and-only solution :smiley:

Hi Tyler, is any release now available ?

literally any day now, also depends on Thinkbox afaik. You can watch a presentation here:

vimeo.com/72207689

hey Tyler, hey Conrad,

thanks for this link! can you give any more information to this?
i would really like to use the glossiness-feature of krakatoa for a current project, BUT the deadline for this is the end of next week.
so we must have it tomorrow, otherwise we cantĀ“t use it. could you provide the version shown in the video as a beta-testing-release?

that would be really great!
thank you

please pm me, maybe we can figure something out.

Hello everybody,
Do you have some news about the integration of KrakatoaSR into cinema 4D?

Iā€™m really excited about the possibilities to use Krakatoa with Cinema 4D and I follow this tread everyday :mrgreen:

I have Two questions:

With this Integration, will it be possible to render Particles from Realflow/hybrido simulation ā€œeasilyā€? Because Iā€™m not happy with the RFRK for particles and I tried the demo of NaviĆ© effex but itā€™s not simple (I managed to import particles from realflow with simple emitter but not from hybrido system) and I canā€™t find any documentation about what I want.

Your system will be ready for mac and windows user at the same time?

I hope to create something like that with cinema4D soon vimeo.com/69481507 :mrgreen:

Thank a lot for your work,
Bye.

As long as you have prt or bin file formats from the Hybrido cache, yes. No Problem at all, also surpassing the 10 million particles limitation.

Yes, Windows and MAC OSX already supported.

Wonderful :slight_smile: ,

I have one last question, I donā€™t find the answer probably because my english is badā€¦

They are krakatoa MX for 3DsMax and Krakatoa MY for maya but for cinema 4D the API use the Krakatoa Stand Alone Rendererā€¦
What it mean exactly? what will be the difference betwen Krakatoa MY or MX and the Cinema 4D API?

I will comunicate the answer to the french community who use C4D :wink: .

Thank you very much,
Alexis

Krakatoa SR will render the exact same images as Krakatoa MY and Krakatoa MX. All three use the same rendering engine.

I donā€™t know too much about the available Cinema 4D plugins, but KMY/KMX provide a lot of additional features over KSR. For example: Magma channel modification, full integration with 3dsmax/Mayaā€™s scene objects, etc. KMY/KMX also provide many particle workflow tools which can be very handy.

Thinkbox supports all three versions KMY/KMX/KSR. The Cinema 4D plugin to KSR is supported by the developers on this thread.

I am very excited to see Krakatoa running in Cinema 4D, hopefully the integration will be on a similar level to the KMY/KMX plugins.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences