AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

MayaBatch and Job Batches...

Hi,

I’m just trying to understand why MayaBatch jobs are always submitting with a batch name? It’s makes the job monitor pretty messy to have multiple single jobs in batches. I know you can disable single batches in the monitor but it still puts it in if there are more jobs in a batch, even if they’re completed and hidden. Is it linked to using the Pipeline Tools (we’re submitting to Shotgun) and can disable the behaviour?

Thanks

Nick

We definitely don’t make that kind of decision choosable most of the time. Standard practice is to make a choice and adjust if there are enough complaints. I wouldn’t be surprised if it had everything to do with the Shotgun submit. I know I usually don’t see it, so we’re likely just setting batch name every time.

Would you be willing to try without Shotgun just as a test (throw one out before a real submit), and then I’ll open an issue for us to fix it (should be pretty quick).

Hi Edwin,

I can confirm that it’s adding a batch name when I use the Pipeline Tools to submit to Shotgun. I don’t think this would be an issue if the “Group Single Job Batches” respected the filtering in the job window. To be honest that would be much nicer anyway as we often end up with the weird situation that a batch is priority 90 but the only job in it is priority 50 because the 90 job is completed and has been filtered out.

Thanks

Nick

Added a dev issue for doing “the right thing” when only one job is under a batch. Should we take the additional step of preventing batching when you’re not using Shotgun?

Hi Edwin,

It’s not adding batches when we don’t use the Pipeline Tools so I think that’s probably right. If the filtering was fixed though that would resolve the issue as single jobs wouldn’t appear in batches but when the job is completed and it’s Draft and thumbnail job are completed they would be nicely batched together. I think that would give the best of both Worlds.

Thanks

Nick

Can do Nick.

I know that the filtration system we use inside Qt can be pulled from, but I don’t know when the batching comes into play. I’ll keep an eye on things here to see when we progress on it. This forum thread is tied in there, so I can come back if the dev team have questions or comments.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences