AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

C4D Black Frames

I have a user that when they submit a C4d job/task that it is rendering out black frames. However if he restarts his machine and submits the job again it renders fine. He is the only one doing c4d rendering so i’m not sure if it’s local to his machine. I’m going to have him submit his job from a different box next time he needs to render something.

But in the meantime has anyone seen anything like this?

-Thanks,

Are they TIFFs?! If so, I’ve seen it and neither we nor Maxon have any idea how to reproduce the problem. I’ve been trying to figure it out for awhile, so any info you can give the better.

Also, the workaround is to disable “use batch mode”, but the render’ll run a bit slower.

Ok great. Thanks for the info.

I will have him try what you recommended as well as maybe swapping form TIFFs to PSDs or ENGs.

-Thanks,

Oh, that’s the weird part of it. In the cases I’ve seen so far, it looks like when PNG or another output type is chosen, Cinema starts writing out empty tiffs. I should have been specific before.

I’m still trying to find more data to send over to Maxon, so if your client has some time I’d like to sync up with them to run some more tests.

I am having the same issue. Choose PNGs and Deadline renders out empty TIff files.

It happens very random and I cant pinpoint. I can tell by the finishing times if the frames are good or not. If the render in 30 seconds or less they are empty Tiff and show as complete.

Actually, I think we pin pointed it back in July.

Essentially we were not using the correct information when you submitted multiple takes. We’d use the take info from whichever take had been highlighted instead of the takes that were selected. One workaround was to select each take and submit them one at a time, the other is to upgrade 9.0.5.0 or higher. I think the fix was “Deadline now defaults to the scene’s render data if no takes have render data assigned”

We’ve run into this issue with the latest version of Deadline (10.2.0.10) and our fix was to launch Deadline Worker as an administrator. Not sure why that fixes it…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences