AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

[8.0.9.1] AutoConfig & repository migration

Hello

Trying to move from one repo to another between 2 productions.

I’ve enabled an autoconfiguration rule with a change of repo path but when restarting slave on a test-node, the path isn’t changed at all.

• Windows env.
  • I’ve check that all path are accessible.
  • the local logfile looks like :

2017-05-15 17:54:44: Auto Configuration: No auto configuration for Repository Path could be detected, using local configuration 2017-05-15 17:54:45: Info Thread - Created. 2017-05-15 17:54:47: Auto Configuration: Picking configuration based on: Prod54 / XX.XX.XX.XX 2017-05-15 17:54:47: Auto Configuration: Match found for rule (IPMatch) 2017-05-15 17:54:47: Auto Configuration: A ruleset has been found

What could i missed ?
Is there a way to execute auto-config rule for debug purpose ?

Thanks

A test would be ideal here, but it does look like it matched. The big trick here is that I believe the Repository path might be a special case (it shouldn’t be, but it might).

Can you take a look at the write permissions on your main “deadline.ini” file and see if it is writable? If it is, try and make sure Pulse is running on the same subnet as the old render machines. The apps try to send out a broadcast packet only for the Repository path nowadays and pull the rest of their configuration after they’ve connected to the database.

Also, I’ve added a feature request internally for us to write out the config changes to the log so at least it will be clearer what rules should be applied to the current INI file.

Update: Ran some tests, the repo path is indeed a special case. I’ve opened an dev ticket for that too.

Alright.

By the way, i’ve abandon the auto-config method.
I’ve just simply script a batch to change the C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline9\Deadline.ini so i can change all my 200+ nodes at same time.

Thanks

Good plan for the time being. We’ll get this sorted out and other folks will be covered in the future.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences