AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

C4D Error submission plugin

The problem is that when I try to submit a task to Deadline, I get a window where the plugin scolds the local file. I don’t understand how I can solve this problem.
screen

If you click “Yes”, the task does not appear in Deadline Monitor.

You should be able to upload the screenshot here, the imgur link’s dead at this point.

If the popup is something like “File scene.c4d is local and may not be accessible to other computers” that’s because the file is in a drive local to your machine. The assumption is that you’ve got multiple computers on the farm, and by not putting the scene somewhere they can also read it they’ll be unable to render.

As for the job not being created, that’s not right it should still create a job even if it’ll fail. Check out this part of the C4D docs to see how to troubleshoot integrated submitter issues.

1 Like

Strangely, I decided to put Deadline in to replace the regular Render Queue. I find it more pleasant to work with Deadline. I took everything into account, but the error persists. I don’t understand what the problem is. Also, when I try to render inside Deadline, without the plugin, I get an error. I will send logs.

Job_2024-03-14_02-45-57_65f23ab5206aa023322aff92.zip (5.8 KB)

@Justin_B pls help! :slight_smile:

Does this scene work on the ESOLOSIN while signed in as the egors user? Other than it complaining about issues in our submitter (which I’ve never seen affect the render) C4D just crashes.

There isn’t even any warnings before the crash:

2024-03-14 02:45:51:  0: STDOUT: Redshift Debug: Max workload: 2 shaders, 6 textures, 4 PSO, 12 max parallel jobs.
2024-03-14 02:45:51:  0: STDOUT: Redshift Debug: Plugins: advanced_render analytics archigrass bugslife_client c4d_assetbrowser c4d_bitmapfilter c4d_manager c4d_nodeeditor c4d_nodes c4d_objects c4d_simulation c4d_viewport_render c4d_xtensions ca clothilde dynamics hair interop_bpexchange interop_forger interop_misc interop_moves io_alembic io_cadexchange io_collada14 io_collada15 io_compositing io_dwg io_fbx io_forger io_gltf io_goz io_obj io_skp io_substance io_usd mocca mograph motioncam motiontracker python redshift redshift4c4d sculpt shader sketch sky sla teamrender thinking_particles tool_system_hybrid uvviewport volumes xpressocore 
2024-03-14 02:45:51:  0: STDOUT: Redshift Debug: DrawPort: Vendor: NVIDIA Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Version: 12 (537.58)
2024-03-14 02:45:52:  0: STDOUT: Error: application crashed

Could you try these steps to run the scene outside of Deadline, but as Deadline would do it?

1. Re-submit the job with ‘Use Batch Plugin’ disabled using the same submitter you usually use (either the Monitor submitter or the one built into C4D)
    a. This way instead of starting Cinema and controlling it over a socket the render happens by building a list of arguments for commandline.exe
  2. Assuming this re-creates the error, go into the task report and find the line that has ‘Full Command’ in it. That’ll be the command we’re running C4D with. Make a copy of that, and update the file paths.
    a. The file paths may point to a local temp copy of the scene file, so that should be updated.
  3. Log into the render computer having the error and sign in as the user that launches the Worker. Take the command from step 2, and run it in a command prompt.
    a. This is effectively pretending to be the Deadline Worker, but without the render sandbox that the Worker runs C4D in. It also effectively removes the error handling that might be hiding other details from the render.
  4. If the render no longer fails then the issue is with either the Deadline Worker or the application plugin we’re running C4D within. If the render still fails then the scene + arguments should be something that Maxon support can help out with.
1 Like

Hi. Today I decided to reinstall Cinema 4D, and oh my gods! Successfully. I was using version 2024.0 before, now I’ve installed 2024.2 and it works fine. Thank you for the tip, I did everything according to your recommendations

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences