AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Force deadlinercs to be minimized

Hi,
Is there a way to keep the command prompt / terminal window for deadlinercrs.exe to be minimized? It´s very anoying when it keeps poping up in the middle of other work.
I have tried RBTray (https://rbtray.sourceforge.net/) but it does not work in the command promt of deadlinersrs.exe it seems.

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/remote-connection-server.html
Yes. If you’re running the Launcher as a service or daemon, then it will run Remote Connection Server in the background as well. See the Client Installation documentation for more information.

if it runs as service, u didnt have a terminal window

1 Like

Thanks, so if I understand this correctly I do this:

sc create DeadlineRCS binPath= “C:\path\to\deadlinercs.exe” start= auto DisplayName= “Deadline Remote Connection Server”

Followed by:
sc start DeadlineRCS

And then:
setacl.exe \computername\deadlinelauncherservice /service /grant /start_stop

Hello @sirhaffy

You can stop the RCS from popping up by tweaking the client configuration.

The (Global) file lives here: Client Configuration — Deadline 10.3.1.4 documentation

Open the file and this to a new line: Client Configuration — Deadline 10.3.1.4 documentation set its value to False.

There is however a drawback of setting it to false. It is when the RCS stall/crash the Launcher will not restart it. You will need to manually start it. Doing this will resolve the issue.
RCS do not usually crash or stall if it does then that is another issue of why did it stall/crash.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, I tried this in the user file and after that I can´t send to deadline from the computer that runs the server. I will check if it works if I set it in the global file instead.

Weird because the setting should take effect if it is in the per user file. The page on client config has more information about it.

I did it in the global file and that worked, but now I can´t sen to deadline from the local computer where deadline server is. I need to retry this on the client side/config.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences