AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

1. Reassigning Nodes and 2. Job not staring

Hi,

1. Reassigning Nodes:

I am just wondering if there is a way to re-assign nodes that are currently rendering to another job without suspending the 1st one?

1. Job not starting:

Since we switched to corona it seems that the job is not starting if there are still queued tasks. It this a bug/problem?

*We are rendering high res images and sometimes we need to move some nodes that are currently busy to another job that is more important and not having to wait for the 1st job to be done.

Looking forward for your answer.

Best Regards,
George

One way would be to black list the nodes on the 1st job.

1 Like

Hey, just tried to blacklist then re-start slaves and it seems that they jump to the next job. Thanks for replying.

My usual way is to change the priority number on the higher priority job (higher is more important) then requeue the tasks the desired Slave is working on. This usually works unless the job has sequential rendering enabled:

• Enforce Sequential Rendering : Sequential rendering forces a Slave to render the tasks of a job in order. If an earlier task is ever requeued, the Slave won’t go back to that task until it has finished the remaining tasks in order. Sequential rendering also forces the Slave to finish rendering tasks in order before switching to another job, even if that job has higher priority or this job is interruptible.

Corona jobs do not have that turned on by the submitter.

As far as the job not starting, we have a tool to help diagnose that.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, it is much appreciated! Will try to do it in your way.

Best Regards,
George

Either/or. Both work depending and @panze’s solution is helpful in situations too. For example, if you don’t want slow or broken nodes from picking up a certain job and don’t want the effort of setting up groups.

Hi,

I tried to use your method but for some reason only the master node jumps to the 2nd job, the other ones jump only after the 1st job is done. I am also attaching some screenshots.
Corona_2nd_Job

Deadline_1st_Job
Deadline_2nd_Job

Sequential Rendering is not enabled.

Ah, is this a DR offload job? Those work in a somewhat special way with whitelists/blacklists and likely blacklists are better here.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences