AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

2D image sequence - SketchUP

What I’d like to do is render a set of Sketchup scenes and the transitions in between them as a set of images that can later be combined into an animation.

I couldn’t find any details in the Deadline documentation aside from an acknowledgement of option to have an Export Type of “2D Image Sequence” which I’m assuming would be the correct choice for doing this…
However when you select this option, the “Scene to Export” field is greyed out and several hundred identical copies of either the default scene, or whichever scene you had typed in before switching to “2D image sequence”, are rendered.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Or is there a more appropriate method?

(I changed the file name/prefix between taking screenshots)

I know SketchUp is a little tricky here, but I’m fairly sure this did work. I’ll have to defer to the developers here as I’ve never used animations within SketchUp before.

Just in case this is caused by API changes, what version of SketchUp are you using for this?

We’re using SketchUp 2018

I found that I’m able to specify the scene range while it’s set to “2D image” before selecting “2D image sequence”, and seems to work properly…

Hmm. I’m glad you figured it out, but it’s not intuitive or I’m not following very well.

What are the differences between what failed and what worked? No rush, but if you find the time would you be willing to show the screenshot differences between success and failure?

I’m taking a break from computering this weekend. When I get back on Monday I’ll be finishing up some documentation for the students and will get the screenshots and additional test results for you.

• Anson

Sounds good! It’s only a rush for us if it’s a rush for customers so we can keep track here if others are having trouble figuring out the image sequence rendering.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences