AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

3ds Max 2020.0 V-Ray 5.1.1 Deadline 10.1.14.5 Python error on certain machines

I can’t figure out this error, on random machines (the same ones)

I get this

at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)
  File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\xxx\plugins\12345\3dsmax.py", line 166, in StartJob
    self.MyMaxController.StartMaxJob()
  File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\xxx\plugins\12345\3dsmax.py", line 1536, in StartMaxJob
    self.LoadMaxFile()
  File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\xxx\plugins\12345\3dsmax.py", line 2246, in LoadMaxFile
    self.Plugin.FailRender( "3dsmax: %s\n%s" % (response[7:], self.NetworkLogGet()) )
   at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)
   at __FranticX_GenericDelegate0Dispatcher.Invoke()
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.StartJob()
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.DoStartJob()
   at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.StartJob(String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)
   at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.StartJob(String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

I’ve submitted a ticket, but have a feeling I’ve encountered this before and it’s a timeout thing where the job bombs if it doesn’t respond in a certain time.

OS is the same build, as is 3ds and V-Ray, loads fine locally but fails on certain machines via Deadline

I have this issue, too. With deadline 10.1.19.4.
I know this is so long from the time you created this ticket, but may I know if you have resolved this issue yet?

I’m trying to search my emails for the ticket (i have too many!)

This could have been down to a silent install not registering the app, or fixed by a reboot to set the env vars. Try a manual install and reboot of the machine

10.1.20.2 got released and looks like it goes all in on Py3, maybe worth a shot

Thank you for your response.

I have upgraded to 10.1.20.2 but no luck. I find the error Python.Runtime.PythonException everytime I try to Suspend, Complete or Delete jobs. This error blocks PostTaskScript from being executed.

I am still trying to figure it out.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences