AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

3ds Max plugin customization

Hello,
we currently use Deadline with 3ds Max 2022 and Corona 9. Planning to switch to 3ds Max 2024 and Corona 10 after the official support is available for Deadline.

Is it possible to customize the 3ds Max plugin? In our case it would be nice to have the current noise level together with the other render stats already available in the Render Status column of the Tasks/Workers panels (see attachment).

Also in case someone want to add additional customization to the 3ds Max, is it possible or it can be done exclusively by the Deadline dev team?

Thank you,

Enrico

deadline_3dsmax

@Enrico_Lapponi if you feel comfortable with python and MaxScript, you would be able to customize the 3ds Max plugin. The repository directory stores the plugin scripts and python files, you can find 3dsMax plugin file under “DeadlineRepository10\plugins\3dsmax”. You copy the whole 3dsmax folder to “DeadlineRepository10\custom\plugins” and customize it there. The custom folder gets priority over the actual plugin folder and it doesn’t clear your custom files while upgrading.

Here is a documentation on Deadline Application plugin: (Application Plugins — Deadline 10.2.1.1 documentation)

We would be able to help you with any question or issue you have or run into while customizing the plugin, but won’t be able to do custom script.

Thank you @karpreet, I’ll have a look at that. We already customized a few things using python and MaxScript, but I thought that some customization options were only possible inside the .dlx plugin file.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Enrico

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences