AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

3ds Max Submitter simplification

I find the majority of people who see the 3ds Max integrated submitter are overwhelmed by the vast array of rollouts, tabs, sliders, options and buttons presented by the submitter.

Is there any else who feels this way? If so add your voice here.

Would it be possible to have a standard/advanced/expert mode on the submitter that hides and reveals more options?

The integarted submitter looks like this

Where the Monitor submitter looks like this

It would be much nicer if the initial submitter was simple, then had the option to expand out into the advanced options, is this possible?

I looked at manually stripping the submitter file but it looks like it would be easier to start from scratch and pull in the bits necessary, but I’d rather not go through this if it can be implemented by yourselves.

Thanks
Ant

Build a SMTD Workflow!
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/app-3ds-max-workflows.html
(its why it was introduced. Strip SMTD down to almost nothing if you so wish. If your workflow is found to be really popular, then we can ship it!)

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, I’ll look into that.

I almost made another post as I couldn’t find the vrscene export option at the top drop down!

This is a bit too complicated for me, I can’t figure out how to write the SMTD.

I tried duplicating and renaming the VrayExport option then modifying the names inside those files but as soon as I try to chop options out of it fails to load.

I’ll see if I can try again but don’t have that much time to spend on it.

Thanks
Ant

Tomasz @ Dabarti made a custom submitter for 3ds, he discussed this at Total Chaos (at 20min mark in link)

1 Like

Ah cool! I’ve seen him around in e-mail address form. It looks good! Anyone know if he’s thrown that on Github?

Nah, I asked him after the show, I thinks it’s customised for his workflow and shotgun setup. I guess a lot can be configured automatically if you know who, where and what is being submitted.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences