AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

3ds Max unable to submit job

Hey

I’m at loss. No matter what I try, I cant submit a job.
Its fresh install, deadline monitor connects just fine, but 3ds max fails.
No password on database. All plain open.

09:02:42 Error: An error occurred while trying to connect to the Database 192.168.3.17:27100. It is possible that the Mongo Database server is incorrectly configured, currently offline, blocked by a firewall, or experiencing network issues.
09:02:42 Full error: An exception occurred while receiving a message from the server. (FranticX.Database.DatabaseConnectionException)

can you run a worker on the submitting machine?

Is your firewall blocking the application from connecting to the MongoDB?

can you confirm connection to 192.168.3.17 on port 27100? does the communication also work from the DB to the workstation you’re submitting from ?

exception occurred while receiving a message from the server

I’ve tested these scenarios:

1. Local repository/mongodb/localhost all the way
    No luck, monitor connects, worker connects max cant send.
  2. Remote repository/mongodb/192.168.3.17 < where my current OLD deadline is.
    Same issue as point 1.

No matter waht I try nothing connects. Even disabling firewall did not help.

Has the max plugin beed updated to work with amazon class deadline? I’m still using old deadline… “Slave not Worker”… so maybe there are bugs?

which version(s) are you using?

Hey
Sorry for slow reply. Crazy week.
Anyway, had more work done on it. I tried to submit job from cmd/etc still cant send.

Here is deadline config, left old, right new.

I can say that command has connection to database and can get info like pools/etc. But submiting a job is a no go :confused:

We can now exclude 3ds max as this breaks by itself from cmd.
Cmd error :

b'Deadline Command 10.1 [v10.1.23.6 Release (773a6289d)]\r\n\r\nSubmitting to Repository: //192.168.3.20/pathToDatabase/repo\r\n\r\nSubmission Contains the Following Auxiliary Files:\r\n1) C:/Users/Master/AppData/Local/Temp/kxskdonbyecdabcafefb\r\n
Error: An error occurred while trying to connect to the Database 192.168.3.17:27100. It is possible that the Mongo Database server is incorrectly configured, currently offline, blocked by a firewall, or experiencing network issues.\n\nFull error: An exception occurred while receiving a message from the server. (FranticX.Database.DatabaseConnectionException)\r\n'

server bat file >

@echo off
REM This script is a simple wrapper that connects to the Deadline Mongo Database utilizing the parameters that were provided at time of installation.
REM Any extra arguments passed to the script will be transparently passed to the mongo.exe client.

\\192.168.3.20\pathToDatabase\database\mongo\application\bin\mongod.exe --config "\\192.168.3.20\pathToDatabase\database\mongo\data\config.conf" --bind_ip_all

Any idea how to bite it? I’m lost :confused: firewall/etc are all disabled.

Worker “connects” to repo, but does not show up in monitor :confused:
Scratch that it fails too.

2022-09-29 18:54:30: Worker - An error occurred while updating the Worker's info: An error occurred while trying to connect to the Database 192.168.3.17:27100. It is possible that the Mongo Database server is incorrectly configured, currently offline, blocked by a firewall, or experiencing network issues.

2022-09-29 18:54:30: Full error: An exception occurred while sending a message to the server. (FranticX.Database.DatabaseConnectionException)

Update to the issue, I was able to use new deadline with old repository ! Yay!, but still, why would old one not work ? :confused:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences