AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

3ds Max Xref Objects not found

Good day everyone,
I’m having a problem with 3ds Max 2020.

A bit of background: I use Max’s project tracker to set a base project folder (let’s say X:\Project) in which everything needed (geometry, textures, any kind of support files) are stored; geometry, for example is stored in X:\Project\Aircraft\Components
I then create scenes linking the needed geometry as Xref Objects, and I force paths as relative to the project folder, thus in Max’s asset tracking I see paths as Aircraft\Components

This system worked fine with Backburner, but doesn’t seem to work with Deadline. I tried having the project folder on a local and on a network drive, but I alwasy get a “file not found” error.

How can I solve this problem while keeping relative paths?

I attached the log as zip because otherwise I’ll exceeed character limit

Job_2020-03-02_13-22-31_5e5cfa872f872f031c4c1447.zip (10.0 KB)

Bumping for help…anyone?

Hi,

although I haven’t used Max, based on your log, you are submitting the scene file with the job.
Starting to load file: C:/Users/cerilu/AppData/Local/Thinkbox/Deadline10/slave/W200126/jobsData/5e5cf8c92f872b296862bc09/EDA_PC21_CockpitFront_inFlight_FormationFlight.max
It loads it from the current job’s directory, which does not contain your Aircraft.
So I would suggest submitting the job with one of the “ORIGINAL NETWORK PATHoptions.

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for the reply. And sorry for not getting back earlier, I thought I had the thread subscribed…anyway, it worked! I also had to specify a MXP file with all my custom paths, but in the end I was able to make it work.
Thank you!

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences