AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

[7.1.0.29] Deadline Monitor Houdini submit tile job failing.

Hi there,

I’m testing out the Deadline 7.1 RC3 build on a Windows 7 machine here on a clean repo install (before I merge our tools in) and wanted to quickly test the Deadline Monitor’s standard Houdini job submitter to see how the tile rendering works.

I can submit Houdini IFD and Mantra job using the default Monitor submitter but as soon as I enable tile rendering and hit ok it’s not responding with any feedback or submitting any of the jobs. It also seems to stay broken till I cancel the submit and try again but with the Tile render options still not allowing anything to be submitted.

I’ve tried looking at the Deadline user profile temp app log store (where it creates the .job files) for any fail info but I can’t see anything there outside of prior successful submits.

I’ve got a screencast/video here, you want me to throw it up onto a share, Dropbox or Google drive for yourselves to see what’s precisely going on?

Cheers

Thanks for reporting this. Turns out there were a bunch of issues with Tile support, both in the Monitor submitter and the integrated submitter. We’ll get these fixed, and I’ve uploaded the patched files here. To install, first unzip the attached file to a temporary location, then copy the files extracted files to the following locations:

Assembler.py -> \your\repository\plugins\DraftTileAssembler
hrender_dl.py -> \your\repository\plugins\Houdini
HoudiniSubmission.py -> \your\repository\scripts\Submission
MantraSubmission.py -> \your\repository\scripts\Submission
SubmitHoudiniToDeadline.py -> \your\repository\submission\Houdini\Main

After updating these files, run the Monitor submitter again and let us know if you continue to have problems submitting.

Thanks!
Ryan
houdini_tile_fix.zip (42.6 KB)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the fix, will let you know how it works out.

Cheers!

Hi Ryan,

That’s worked perfectly. We’ll leave it alone in Deadline 7.1 till we integrate our custom submit tools better in the next studio update. In the meantime we plan to continue to thoroughly test 7.1 here so anything you want us to look into let us know.

Many thanks for the quick fix!

Cheers

Thanks for confirming! We’re putting together what will hopefully be the last 7.1 release candidate, and this fix will be included.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences