AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

7.2.0.10 [WIN] - Deadline Beta 3 Houdini testing update.

Hi there,

We’re moving rapidly on with the testing of Deadline beta 3 and thought we’d let you know how things are so far.

Submit with dependencies from Houdini:
The implementation of this seems to work fine as it stands.

Hserver:
We’ve tried to fire up the Hserver submit job tool and got this error.

image.jpg

[code]ERROR: Couldn’t open “\192.168.x.xx\repository_upgrade\submission\HServer\Main\SubmitHServerToDeadline.ui” for reading: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:/appnet/applications/houdini/14.0.365/houdini/scripts/deadline/DeadlineHServerClient.py”, line 49, in
SubmitHServerToDeadline.SubmitHServerToDeadline( root )
File “//192.168.x.xx/repository_upgrade/submission/Houdini/Main\SubmitHServerToDeadline.py”, line 271, in SubmitHServerToDeadline
dialog = hou.ui.createDialog( uiPath )
File “C:/appnet/applications/houdini/14.0.365/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py”, line 34365, in createDialog
return _hou.ui_createDialog(*args)
OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
ERROR: Couldn’t open “\192.168.x.xx\repository_upgrade\submission\HServer\Main\SubmitHServerToDeadline.ui” for reading: No such file or directory

The SubmitHServerToDeadline.py script could not be found in the Deadline Repository. Please make sure that the Deadline Client has been installed on this machine, that the Deadline Client bin folder is set in the DEADLINE_PATH environment variable, and that the Deadline Client has been configured to point to a valid Repository.[/code]
Just so you know I’ve removed all our custom tools from the custom repo path and we’re testing with vanilla Houdini 13 & 14 (no custom envs or launches etc) which has had the submit tool installers ran and they appear in the menu.

Is there any chance you’ve got a recent version of the Hserver submit and plugin tools that we can test with? (attached a report of the fail output in text file).

Tile rendering (incl Jigsaw):
We’ve already reported back on the beta forum about tile rendering and Jigsaw. (thanks for the confirmations)

Balancer & VMX:
We’re also looking to get VMX setup and tested so I guess we’re looking for access to that if possible.

Scene introspection:
Is the scene file introspection in this beta and if it is where about can I test it out?
(expect it’s possibly part of VMX etc)

Axis/Custom stats testing:
Is there a new version of these scripts that we need to plug into Beta 3 or will the prior Deadline 7.1 version work? I recall conversations about this being the case so I’ll test it next.

In the meantime we’ll continue reporting back as testing progresses.

Cheers

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the feedback!

HServer: The necessary files for submission were actually installed to the wrong location. If you go to \your\repository\submission\Houdini\Main, you’ll see the HServer ui and py files here. Just move them to \your\repository\submission\HServer\Main. This will be fixed in beta 4.

Scene Introspection: This won’t be part of 7.2. It depends on the Asset Awareness system being implemented first, and we’re targeting 8.1 for that.

Axis/Custom stats testing: I assume you’re referring to the Zabbix event plugin? The ones you have now should work fine with 7.2. We’re still not sure if we’ll officially ship the Zabbix event plugin with Deadline, or if we’ll just put it on our GitHub site.

Cheers,
Ryan

Thanks Ryan,

Hserver: Will give the fix a whirl and feedback.

Scene introspection: No problem, our edition of it’s working well as things stand. More than happy to test in 8.x when it lands.

Zabbix event module: That’s the one, worked like a charm on 7.1 look forward to reporting similar on 7.2. Not bad idea of pushing it up onto Github. We’ve got a nice setup workflow that involves a prebuilt VM from Zabbix site and setting it up to test with. May document that if I get clear of our 7.2 tickets.

Cheers

Quick update. The Zabbix event module is working fine in Deadline 7.2.0.10.
Cheers

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences