AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

[7.2.0.17] HOUDINI, fail with mixed render nodes

Hi,
I was previously testing deadline with 7.1 release, and because a bug with mixed render node (output path and textures path not converted) i’ve jumped in beta to test the 7.2 beta [7.2.0.17]

I have OSX nodes and WIN nodes, the jobs was submited from a MAC

The paths have the same problems than with 7.1 the output file and textures are not converted.

I’m doing something wrong ???

EDIT: on the previous log i was trying some bidirectionnal path mapping, though that was the problem, but in fact after re-editing the paths, the problem is the same. Here is now with the last beta build
mantra2_windows_bad.txt (34.3 KB)
mantra2_osx_ok.txt (34.6 KB)
htoa2_windows_bad.txt (45 KB)

OK,
After some times i have mixed results…

• If i use a full path like /server/folder/etc for textures or outputs the renders fails
  • If i use an environment variable like $JOB this doesn’t work as this fallback into the home folder, the variable isn’t passed.
  • If i use $HIP that’s works, in fact any path formated without $HIP fails at path translation

cheers,
Noël

HI Noël, It’s possible that there’s an issue with our path mapping code. We’ll investigate and see what might be causing this. Thanks for the report!

We’re about to push the RC into testing shortly and will test with Window and Linux path tools. Will report back on this next week all being well.
Cheers

Hey Noel,

Sorry about the late reply. It appears that Houdini’s pathmapping functionality (the HOUDINI_PATHMAP env variable) does not work with absolute paths. I am trying to contact Side effects to see if they have any idea what we can do about this in the mean time.
For $JOB it is pulling the $JOB variable from the slave that is rendering the job so on other machines that would make sense. You can set custom environment envs for jobs that should cover that.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences