AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

7.2.0.9 installer error

Hi Guys

The 7.2.0.9 installer comes up with the following error.

7.2.0.9InstallerError.png

It appeared to be able to get all the way through the install sequence though.

And now to add to this, it appears that the Launcher running on the same server won’t start.

Hey guys,

So I tried to upgrade from 6.1 to 7.2 last night (new adobe CC 2015 install in the studio) and was ripping my hair out thinking it was my machine playing up. Ended up installing 7.1 instead which worked fine.

Seems to be an issue when the installer tries to configure the MongoDB.

Going to hack the scripts for now to get 2015 working. Would be great to get the installer fixed an a proper system for after effects 2015.

Scott

Thanks for reporting this! We didn’t run into this error when we tested the installers before release, but we’ll try to reproduce on our end and figure out what the problem is.

Cheers,
Ryan

Yup, same problem here, and neither Launcher nor Monitor will start afterwards :-/

Victor, Fhohnen

what version were you updating from?

Thanks,
Scott

I’m updating from 7.2.0.7

Also updating from 7.2.0.7, which was installed as an update to 7.1.2.1.

I think we’ve tracked down the issue, and are currently working on a fix. We’re going to remove the downloads for beta 2 and will try to get beta 3 up as soon as we have this fixed.

For now, please downgrade to beta 1 to avoid this problem (this will require running the Deadline Client installer on any affected machines).

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Ryan

Hey guys,

Beta 3 has been released, and should fix this problem:
forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … 04&t=13584

Note that you will still have to run the Deadline Client installer on any affected machines.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences