AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

9.0.0.12 3ds submitter failing with vray proxy files

Hello,

Job submit fails when using vrmesh files. The paths to aux files are correct and 3ds sees them correctly, but when submitting we see this:

[06:14:30] : +Collected 6 Unique Local V-Ray Proxies from 6 Proxy Objects.
[06:14:30] : 	[C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\xxx\xxx\proxy\cliff_young_bed.vrmesh] >> [cliff_young_bed.vrmesh]
Deadline Command BG 9.0 [v9.0.0.12 Release (ca2ab9d98)]
Error: could not find Auxiliary submission file: cliff_young_bed.vrmesh (Deadline.Submission.DeadlineSubmissionException)

Hey Simon,

We’ve logged this issue and are looking into it. I’ll post any updates we find on this. Sorry for the delay in response.

edit: As an addendum, could you let me know the version of 3dsmax and vray that you’re using?

Cheers

Can you try the following fix and let us know if it solved the issue?

• Navigate to the Repository folder
  • Go into the \Submission\3dsMax\Main\ folder
  • Open the file SubmitMaxToDeadline_Functions.ms for editing in a text editor or in the MAXScript Editor inside of 3ds Max
  • Locate the code block

if theIndex1 > 0 and theIndex2 == 0 then --if the file name appears on the file list but not on the paths list, then it is a duplicate with different path = collision! ( VRaycollisions += 1 theTargetFilename = getFileNameFile theTargetFilename + "_" + VRaycollisions as string + "_" + getFileNameType theTargetFilename append allBitmaps o.filename append uniqueVRayProxyPaths o.filename append SMTDExternalRefsArray.StoreSceneVrayProxies #(o, o.filename, theTargetFilename) ) else if theIndex1 == 0 and theIndex2 == 0 then --if it is on neither lists, then it is a new unique path to add ( append uniqueVRayProxyFiles theFilename append uniqueVRayProxyPaths o.filename append allBitmaps o.filename append SMTDExternalRefsArray.StoreSceneVrayProxies #(o, o.filename, theFilename) ) else --if it is not a new or a collision, it is existing already, but we have to collect the file name for restoring ( append SMTDExternalRefsArray.StoreSceneVrayProxies #(o, o.filename, o.filename) )
and modify it to look like this (I added remarks to the three lines that need changing):

if theIndex1 > 0 and theIndex2 == 0 then --if the file name appears on the file list but not on the paths list, then it is a duplicate with different path = collision! ( VRaycollisions += 1 theTargetFilename = SMTDPaths.submitSubFolder + getFileNameFile theTargetFilename + "_" + VRaycollisions as string + "_" + getFileNameType theTargetFilename --> MODIFIED LINE append allBitmaps o.filename append uniqueVRayProxyPaths o.filename append SMTDExternalRefsArray.StoreSceneVrayProxies #(o, o.filename, theTargetFilename) copyFile o.filename theTargetFilename --> NEW LINE ) else if theIndex1 == 0 and theIndex2 == 0 then --if it is on neither lists, then it is a new unique path to add ( append uniqueVRayProxyFiles theFilename append uniqueVRayProxyPaths o.filename append allBitmaps o.filename append SMTDExternalRefsArray.StoreSceneVrayProxies #(o, o.filename, o.filename) --> MODIFIED LINE! ) else --if it is not a new or a collision, it is existing already, but we have to collect the file name for restoring ( append SMTDExternalRefsArray.StoreSceneVrayProxies #(o, o.filename, o.filename) )

• Save the file
  • Restart the submission script and try submitting again.

(It looks like the Corona proxies code has the same bug, we should fix both on our side).

The logic of what is happening in the various cases is a bit convoluted, let me know if you want to know what is going on and why it was broken.

Also, the current version does not seem to support animated Proxy sequences (where the filename can change based on the current frame), this needs to be addressed separately.

Thanks, for the fix. Does the final release have this? If I update should I still replace the code?

Thanks

Thanks Bobo!

The release version of Deadline 9 does not yet have this code fix yet. However, we are trying to get this into the next build that’s released and we’ll post here again to let you know that it was added!

Cheers

Great, Thank you guys!

Hey, I seem to have forgotten about this post, but just to follow up. The fix for this will be in the next build we release, so be on the lookout for that!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences