AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

9.0.0.16 - Mongo download issues

Hi,

I just tried to install D9 to try out, and the Mongo part downloaded the latest version, then crashed, and suggested the version was not right for the OS version, see attached.

serverCapture.JPG

Any guess, or can I downlad the right OS version and use that?

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark,

The installer has the option to install pre-packaged binaries for MongoDB. The version you want need for Deadline is 3.2.12. We will look into this problem, thanks for reporting this!

For the record, here’s where you can specify the path to the downloaded pre-packaged binaries:

Cool, thanks. Just trying to find the right download, Mongo 3.2.12 is not the current version, so hard to find the right download.

I’ll try as soon as I find it.

Here’s the download link for 3.2.12:
downloads.mongodb.org/win32/mong … 3.2.12.zip

However, this is the same package the installer is using, so I suspect that it won’t make a difference.

I did some research on this crashing problem and found this bug report:
jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-21732

The problem only seems to affect VMs. Are you testing on a VM? If so, the problem appears to be fixed in MongoDB 3.3.5 and later. We have tested Deadline with the latest version (MongoDB 3.4.2), and everything appears to work fine, so perhaps you could try downloading the zip package for that version and passing it to the installer:
downloads.mongodb.org/win32/mong … -3.4.2.zip

Cheers,
Ryan

Hi,

Ok thanks, I’ll try tomorrow. Its on a normal server, not a VM.

Morning,

Just tried with the latest Mongo 3.2.4 and had the same error. It must be an OS issue if others are not having the same problems. Can Mongo be installed outside of the D9 installer, worth a try?

Actually, we just discovered that this is a bug in the Repository installer. The installer needs to install a dependency on the machine that is required for MongoDB to run. However, we added some validation checks which include running the mongod.exe executable, and this validation is done before the dependency is installed. :confused:

We’ve already fixed the issue internally, and are in the process of testing the new installers. The new version should hopefully be available later today.

If don’t want to wait though, there is a workaround. You can first run the 9.0.0.12 repository installer, which doesn’t have the validation check. You can then run the 9.0.0.16 installer right after, and point it to the same Repository path, and then choose the option to connect to an existing database (the one that you installed with the 9.0.0.12 installer).

I’ll reply back here when the new build is ready.

9.0.0.18 has now been released to the public, and includes the fix I mentioned.
forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … 09&t=15226

Cheers,
Ryan

Cool, glad I let you know before release!! I’m downloading the release version now so will see how we go!

Mark

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences