AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

9.0.0.16 V-Ray output paths broken ?

Hi,

I’m testing newest build and I have an issue with paths and V-Ray.

Paths to outputs are messed up, when saving render elements to separate files:
dabarti.com/screens/s952ea01 … 5e0b7S.png

It’s creating sub folders that are not supposed to be there and paths to rgb or alpha are pointing to those subfolders, but V-Ray is saving a level higher.

I’m also using V-Ray RT, maybe it’s not a problem with Adv.

Best,
Tomasz

I “fixed it” by switching off few options related to Render Element: dabarti.com/screens/s828d5c7 … 60355F.png .

But regardless of that I think it shouldn’t happen with default out of the box settings. Is that a bug ?

Best,
Tomasz

Thanks for the feedback. Have logged for further investigation.

Are you toggling between saving via V-Ray VFB with “Split render channels” enabled and then disabled, when either local rendering or submitting to Deadline for offload rendering? Bear in mind, rendering with Split enabled, causes V-Ray to “do its own thing” and saves all RE to root dir with “.ReName.” suffix added to the filename, which is a V-Ray internal function. Deadline attempts to respect this when rendering. However, as of 9.0, we now fully respect all the SMTD “Pathing Options” as well, so by correctly configuring the checkboxes, one can get the desired behaviour. So, first thing. What are your current V-Ray VFB settings in 3dsMax?

(V-Ray Adv and V-Ray RT should be identical in their behaviour here)

NVM. I see the issue now. So, this is by design, depending on whether you use V-Ray or not, and if you use V-Ray/V-Ray RT, whether or not, you also use the V-Ray VFB to save out the rendered image. So, I will tweak a couple of the SMTD default settings to handle this slightly better for the initial “out-of-the-box” SMTD experience, but we are unable to handle all possible render workflows here; hence the exposure of all those “Pathing Options” in SMTD.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences