AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Accessing current render log from the API

Is there a way to access the current render log (i.e. the slave log) through the API? I’m trying to check for stalled processes, so I need to get the last lines of output. Ideally, I’d love to be able to filter by thread, like I can in the GUI, but that’s not necessary. I looked through all of the commands in Slaves.py, but nothing seemed like it would let me connect to the slave to pull the log.

Hello,

So it looks like you would need to put code for that in the app plugins, having it write the output to a secondary location as well, as it’s not something exposed in Deadline otherwise.

Okay. For right now I just open a new process and shell out to "/opt/Thinkbox/Deadline7/bin/deadlinecommand ConnectToSlaveLog ", then kill the process once I hit the line “Success”. I was hoping there would be a cleaner way to get a non-looping dump of the last N lines of the log, but this is working fine for now.

Thanks!

Hello,

Can you clarify what is stalling that you need this code for? I am just wondering if a time out be more helpful than trying to analyze code?

The stalling is actually resolved now - it was a problem with the output buffers getting filled up. I changed AsynchronousStdout to false, and it has gone away. But essentially, there were certain lines of code that it would always freeze on, so I wrote a script to see if any of the slaves had been sitting on one of those lines for a while. It wasn’t a straight timeout, since some of our frames do run for a long time when they’re working correctly.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences