AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Additional channel for PTX to PRT converter

Hi,

Today I tried for the first time the PXT to PRT converter in the newest Frost beta version (v1.3.1). Thank you for the implementiion of this function, it works really nice and is very helpful. There is only one thing missing. Since the location of the scanner is stored in the header of the PTX file it would be very helpful if this information would also be written to a PRT channel. Let me know if you need any further information or sample data.

Kind Regards,
Christian

3ds Max 2012 (14.0 SP2)
Frost (v1.3.1.47950)

Is there a single scanner location, or more than one?

If I remember correctly, the PTX file format has not just the scanner position but an entire transform matrix. Do you want only the position?

If you don’t mind my asking, how are you planning to use the position? That might help me figure out how to handle this. (You can reply using our ticket system if you don’t want to post it publicly.)

As far as I know there is only one scanner location stored in the header.

We want to use the position for calculating the normal of the different particles pointing towards the scanner. This information would allow us to do conforming in Genome.

I take it the sensor is not at [0,0,0]? Would it be possible for you to please send us an example file, or just the header along with the approximate sensor position? (I assume the sensor position is just the third line of the file, but I’m not sure if we need to invert it or anything like that.) You can send us files using our ticket system.

I sent you several sample files by email.

On this webpage I found a description of the PTX header.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences