AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

After Effects colorspace issue

Hello!

I recently enabled the use of AE 2024 (v24.3) through deadline by copying and modifying the RenderExecutable code block located in the AfterEffects.param from repository plugins folder.
Ican then manage to submit jobs using the provided script “DeadlineAfterEffectsClient.jsx”, and machines pick and render the frames fine.

I am working in the ACES color space and when rendering locally using the “Render” button from the render queue tab, the exrs are looking as they should when viewed in any other software (djview, resolve…).
But when rendered through Deadline, only my machine renders the proper color space, all the other machines seem to be ignoring the ACES - ACES cc color space.

Any leads as to what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Vincent

Are you using a custom ACES config file?
Can you send the logs of one of the boxes that rendered out

Hello Derek,

Thanks for helping, and sorry for the delay.
The task report actually states that an OCIO configuration file could not be fetched:

"2024-07-25 12:29:39: 0: STDOUT: WARNING:After Effects warning: After Effects is unable to fetch an OCIO Configuration as the file is not recognized (ACES 1.2).
2024-07-25 12:29:39: 0: STDOUT: This project will be switched to Adobe color management."

We have an environment variable set across all the machines (path_to_a_network_drive\aces 1.2\config.ocio) to be used by 3ds Max and Blender, and any renders coming out of these software and Nuke have the proper color workspace.

Can you advise on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Vincent

@pims are all the workers also on 24.3? I was getting that error on some workers but realized those workers had gone to 24.5, reverting back to 24.3 fixed the issue

1 Like

haa! Just checked and indeed machines which are on v24.5 are the one rendering in the wrong colour space. All machines on v24.3 render fine.

Thanks @douglas !

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences