AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

AfterEffect RedGiant RLM

I have 10 render licenses for RedGiant but buy default all my workstations pull a regular license instead of a render license. The issue is that there needs to be a file create inthe directory of read giant but how can I automate this with Deadline? I know it does it for aftereffects by default.

INFO: Checking for file “C:\Users\blah\Documents\ae_render_only_node.txt”
INFO: Attempting to delete “C:\Users\blah\Documents\ae_render_only_node.txt” to allow After Effects to run in the workstation environment

Notes from ReadGiant RLM
Render Nodes
Render nodes can be set up the same way as regular client machines, but require an additional
file to enable their “Render-Only” status.

1. Open the client license directory (see step 2 of Client License Installation for locations)
  2. Create a text file named “rlm-options.txt” alongside your license(s) (see image A below)
  3. In this file, add the line: REDGIANT_RENDER_ONLY=true (see image B below)
  4. Save the file
    This will set the machine as a render-only machine and it will check out render-only licenses
    from your RLM server

Various ways.

1. If you are on a domain network (ask your IT person) they could make a Group Policy to create that file on the rendernodes.

2. You could run a maintenance job on Deadline to create this file.

3. You could create a custom event plugin that handles the creation/deletion of this file.

Thanks for the info looks like option 3 (Event Plugin) is what I am looking for will update once I get this working. Thanks.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences