AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

AWS Portal Houdini BYOL configuration

Hey, we have set up AWS Portal completely, the infrastructure, fleet, and asset server are all green.

However we are unable to get Houdini licenses to work. We have configured the server under Advanced portal settings:

I have tried pointing hserver on the render worker (by starting it from ssh session) to 10.1.20.40, to localhost, the Gateway ip, etc., but no joy. In the AWSPortal logs it says the tunnels for BYOL have been successfully started.

Any ideas? Anyone got it to work? Is this related to Houdini “not being officially supported” in Portal BYOL? Also where should I point hserver to?

Cheers,
Mois

Is this anything to do with the special bits you need to do on the Houdini license subnet side of things?

Ooh thanks this definitely looks like it could be it. I’m getting connection refused, which leads me to believe that the physical connectivity is there.
Weirdly though the same thing happens with VRay.

Edit: according to this, aws and grid markets should work out of the box: “By default your Houdini licenses are keyed to the following private networks:”

I managed to solve the problem - had to start hserver with the correct parameters, e.g.
/opt/hfs19.0/bin/hserver -S 10.128.2.4:1715

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences