AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Batch Render Error "Mapping by Velocity"

Hello,

Shows in viewport fine and Renders locally fine(rendering current frame)… However… once I attempt to batch render multiple frames at once, I receive the following error-

// Result: Rendering with Krakatoa… //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 0 (Krakatoa MY: ERROR : channel_map::get_channel_definition(): Velocity was not found in channel map.) //
// Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

I did as follows:
100 partitions with default channels checked to save including, pos, velocity, color, density, id.
add modifiers to give ramp color to velocity -
+copy channel mod
-source: Velocity
-destination: Mapping
(copy as vector length is checked)

+scale channel mod
-channel name: Mapping
-scale: ranging between .025 and .05

+Apply Texture mod
-channel name: Color
ramp within the texture
UVW channel name: Mapping

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

thanks
-Dan Delapena

Hi Dan,

Is it possible that the first frame of the range you are rendering has zero particles? Does that first frame render correctly locally?
Just making sure it isn’t something obvious like that (in the PRT Loader, you can set a custom range to skip any early frames that might not have particles and either output nothing or hold the first frame of the range that does have some).

If that is not your problem, I will pass it on to the Krakatoa developers to look at…

Ah, good question. I didn’t try rendering first frame…I was test rendering frame 100 or so. however i did start simulation @ -5 and i was starting batch render @ frame 1.

That sounds like it might be the issue though. I’ll check it out when i get home. thanks.

-Dan Delapena

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences