AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Best way to refresh filters in Deadline Monitor?

My filter options for Jobs panel shows Pools/Groups/Plugins etc that were deleted a long time ago from our Repo, how can I remvoe this legacy info from my filter panel? Is it in the Deadline local cache on systems or?

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

• Open the Manage Pools dialog.
  • Check the checkbox in the bottom left “Purge N Obsolete Pools on Close”
  • Close the Manage Pools dialog.
  • Look at your Filters - any deleted Pools should have disappeared.

The same applies to Groups - the Manage Groups dialog has the same checkbox.
It does not apply to Plugins though.

The Filter dialog populates its Plugins list from the jobs currently in the database. So if you have a job on the queue with a Plugin=foo, then “foo” will be on your Filter > Plugin list even if the plugin’s definition does not exist anymore in the Repository’s folders. (I have not tested this, but that’s my understanding)

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Interesting, that option always behaved weirdly for me, typically we remove Pools by hand and noticed there’s a disonnect in what gets updated or removed. Will try it again, thanks. :slight_smile:

I suspect that the list also includes Pool and Group names that are used by jobs on the queue, so unless you archive all jobs that mention those deleted Pools and Groups, you won’t get rid of them. This is very obvious from the “Secondary Pool” list which in my case shows an {empty} entry which is obviously taken from the jobs on the queue as there is no such Pool.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences