AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Blender 3.0.1 - 30xx multi GPU issue

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or if this is not a deadline centric issue.

I have multiple render nodes and seemingly an issue that is centred around 30xx series of GPU’S

One node that has x 2 3070 gpu’s in it works correctly within in blender - But any job that is submitted to deadline is only using a single gpu .

Gpu’s are set correctly in the application preferences and i do not have any GPU affinity setup to limit within the worker settings of the node, i have also checked in the Nvidia control panel to ensure both GPU cards are set to be used with blender.exe also, as well as checking on GPU-Z to ensure which cards are being utilised.
Additionally I have updated gpu drivers, re-installed blender ( deleted appdata/roaming prefs and reset which gpu’s to use in the blender system prefs ) and googled the hell out of this to no avail.
The machine was also recently formatted -Win 11

Interestingly enough, a second node we have which is using x2 2080ti’s is working correctly with no issues, same version of blender, also recently formatted - Win 10

So i am not sure if this is a blender centric issue or if there are settings i can pass through as an argument upon submitting files to DL via a python script or some such, i have seen some floating around the net, such as https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/28480/how-do-i-force-the-netrender-to-render-everything-on-gpu/28513#28513 but again it did not bare any fruit
Or if this is something that deadline is not playing well with

Deadline version : 10.1.16.6
Blender version : 3.0.1
Win 10 & 1 1

Thanks
-Gav

Are you using the script from this thread?

I found this works with 8x cards but have only tested with RTX cards

Is this a Deadline issue? if you load and render from Blender does it use all cards?

Hey there, i have not tried in that thread as of yet, using blender GUI does use both cards - i will attempt work through that other threads suggestion and feed back, thank you

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences