AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

C4D 2025 - Python Depreciation Warning

Currently when rendering Commandline with 2024.x, we get this warning:

STDOUT: Running Script: C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\mmsrenderbox2\jobsData\66a01f70d652c93118a0e1b1\thread2_tempstJFA0\c4d_Batch_Script.py
2024-07-23 23:05:42:  2: STDOUT: (null)PendingDeprecationWarning: Since 2024.0 BaseList2D.GetData is deprecated and will be removed in 2025.0. Use BaseList2D.GetDataInstance instead.

This is a depreciation warning that I know about, but there could be more. I want to make sure that the Deadline staff knows these are there so that they can be pro-active, and have a fix ready for whenever C4D 2025 goes live, so that users don’t have to wait extended periods of time to migrate.

If you need early access before its released to get this done, I can get a team member in touch with the correct Maxon representative to make it happen; just send me a PM.

Thanks,
Luke

2 Likes

The fix can already work within R2024 as it has thew new API already, so we can test it early, but for me personally this goes beyond my python/c4d api skills.

2 Likes

Nice catch! It would be great if the new api changes could be implemented in the submission script!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences