AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Can Stoke drive fumefx simulation?

I would like to ask if for example i will do particle system for stoke so for example particles will orbit around some object and then i want from fumefx to use this stoke force field to drive fumefx sim. It is possible?

Thanks a lot

Stoke outputs PRT files, which you can use with the FFX particle source, so - yes :slight_smile:

Hristo i dont want to you particles as emiters i want to use stoke as a force (like we have wind spacewarp). Maybe u are thinking to use particles in emiter without emiting any smoke but use it for affecting velocities, but i thing if there is possibility to use stoke directly as a force can have better results (something like quantum force for realflow)

I don’t know actually, I haven’t dug into the Ember part of Stoke yet, don’t know if it can export its field to a spacewarp. You should check it out.

Yes, you can use the Stoke Field Force object (which is a Max Space Warp) to read from any Stoke Field and pass the data to any Max sub-system that supports Forces - this includes MassFX, Particle Flow, Thinking Particles, FumeFX, Hair&Fur etc. If you can pick a Wind somewhere, you can pick a Stoke Field Force.

If you have your particles, you can create a Stoke Field Magma object, create a PVelocitySplat operator, feed it an InputParticle node that picks your particle system, connect a Position InputChannel as input to define where to sample, and output the Velocity channel of the PVelocitySplat to the Velocity Output channel of the Magma. Then create the Stoke Field Force and pick the Stoke Field Magma. You now have a force driven by the moving particles.

Perfect!! hanks a lot Bobo

Note that since Velocity is not the same as Force (Force is used as acceleration, how much the Velocity should change per unit time), you might need some Multiplier different than 1.0 to adjust the Force’s value. In our internal builds the Field Force itself has a Multiplier spinner, not sure if we have posted that yet. Just use a Multiply node before outputting the Velocity value. Play with the value to find what works…

Bobo so now i am testing the stoke with fumefx but it looks i cant do what i want. I have simple setup where i am using legacy spray particles and they are using path follow spacewarp. I can simulate this setup with stoke, but i dont know how to convert this setup into stoke feld sim so i cant use stoke field force for the fumefx sim, do you know how i can setup it? Thank you very much Bobo

See my 5th post in this thread, second paragraph. If you are missing steps, please let me know where you are stuck…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences