AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cannot get AWS fleet to check out redshift licenses

Hi, I’m having an issue getting redshift renders to work on aws instances.

I can fire up V-Ray jobs to use either UBL or BYOL licenses from my license server, no problem.
The setup in the “AWS Portal Settings, Advanced Section” is quite straightforward, as it selects the default V-Ray license server port, 30304.

The thing I’m having trouble with is getting my AWS redshift renders to check out the licenses.

My local slaves are checking out the UBL licenses without an issue, but for some reason the AWS slaves cannot connect to the license server with the (-17) error code.

I’ve put the IP Address of my license sever for the “redshift” option, and the server port as the one which the licenses are served on; “5053”.

The Vendor Daemon Port (which I don’t know what this is), I’ve tried a combination of 5054, and swapping 5053, 5054 with the the Server port. To no avail.

I’ve tried inputting the Vendor Daemon port as the ISV port that is serving the licenses on 5053, but it’s still failing on the AWS slaves.

In the error log, the AWS slaves are looking at 5054@10.128.2.4 <<Which is the AWS License forwarder.

All our local machines are pointed to 5053@10.1.1.21 << Which is our local license server

And when the local machines check out the UBL licenses, they check out from 5054@10.1.1.22 << Our local License forwarder

Would anyone help me understand how to set up redshift licenses to work on the AWS render nodes?

Thank you!

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences