AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Can't create AWSPortal Admin Access Key

Hello guys,

When trying to create an Admin user,

I don’t have the " Programmatic Access" which means that I can’t get my Access Key and Password, to be able to put them later on when installing Portal.

Any idea on where it is ? On the tutorial, it looks like that

Thanks!

Looks like our documentation on the AWS Portal IAM user creation is old and IAM on AWS has changed the option to create IAM users. You might have to create a user normally as AWS IAM allows you with the options without any password or console access and create Access Key manually from the User’s dashboard options. It is also been called out in the screenshot you have posted:
If you are creating programmatic access through access keys or service-specific credentials for AWS CodeCommit or Amazon Keyspaces, you can generate them after you create this IAM user. Learn more

You could also use aws_cli to create the Access Key and Secret Key, assuming the you have used aws_cli before and have it setup. If not, then use the AWS Management Console IAM User dashboard to create the keys.

Here is a aws_cli command you could run to create the keys after you created an User in IAM:

aws iam create-access-key --user-name "Admin"

Thanks for your answer, a little bit of ChatGPT helped because some things are really hard to understand without any knowledge about this kind of stuff, but seems like it worked.

I was wondering why this thing keeps popping up and gets “in front of” my applications, which is really annoying when I’m playing video games etc… before it makes me go back to Windows all the time. Even when I close it, it comes back. Any idea how I could have it turn in the back but without it making me go back on Windows when using another application?
Thanks.

Also, if I understood correctly, does this part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8icXmGDPZ4&list=PLhYsMveWZwEQ2DokGzhqaMJhIuOEJivWD&index=7&ab_channel=AWSThinkbox means that I’ll have to pay for every hour of render ?

THanks!

just a small up just in case

The Remote Connection Server stealing the Windows focus is a known and intended behavior. It is caused by “KeepRemoteConnectionServerRunning” flag set to “True”, you can workaround this issue with setting “KeepRemoteConnectionServerRunning” flag to “False” under deadline.ini file.

For the cost structure on AWS Portal, follow this documentation: AWS Portal Cost Structure — Deadline 10.3.2.1 documentation

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences