AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

CentOS 8 Support

Hi All,

Is there any testing with RHEL / CentOS 8? I’m testing it with most apps ok but get errors on Deadline submission.

Most likely with the change in calling Python is breaking something but I thought I’d check to see if it was on the roadmap?

Thanks
Ant

Hi Ant

Can you share in what context do we support it? I am assuming the question is does Deadline support RHEL/ CentOS 8 workers/render nodes? We haven’t tested it yet.
If so what errors are you getting on submission?

Thanks
Zain

Hi Zain,

error was to do with something else and it’s since been working fine, thanks

It works great on y side with Centos 8 Clients. My only issue is the Repo side on Centos8, it works but not the MongoDB. Is there a way to run the DB on a separate system ?

you should be able to run the db elsewhere, you can dump the repo anywhere, then point it to the new db location

I wasn’t running my test repo on C8, just the clients, I’ve not used C8 since, not sure where it’s going now anyway (EOL end of the year About/Product - CentOS Wiki)!

Holly molly guacamole, what the hell !
Looks like I am going to sponsor RockyLinux or switch to OracleLinux, it is free now.
I know I can run the Db on a separate rig but it is not the best practice for us.
I will try to push this MongoDb to work out of a 8 and will let you know if it breaks or not.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences