AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Changing Overall Interface Colors

Is there any way to change the overall interface’s color scheme? I know we can change the colors of the jobs, but I’m looking primarily at all the other tones throughout the app. I know a lot of people like the black background with white/colored text, but I’d really like something with lower contrast, and would be very happy to play around with color pickers to get it just right - but I can’t seem to find any, so I’m guessing it’s not part of the public preferences. Are there any HEX codes hidden in a config file that I could edit?

Thanks,
Luke

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.1/1_User%20Manual/manual/user-settings.html#styles

DeadlineBright.zip (471 Bytes)

Note that a restart of the Monitor (and any other client applications you might be running) will be required for the new settings to apply.

Btw, the original Deadline released in 2004, and the following few major updates defaulted to a light UI, as in those days most of the applications including 3ds Max and even Maya were defaulting to a light UI. You can see a screenshot of Deadline 3 from 2008 in this forum post:

Wonderful - Thank you Bobo! I had missed the “General Palette” color box because it was the same color as the interface. :slight_smile:

My only request would be to be able to customize the alternating colors of the job/task list rows; they do help you distinguish between the lines, but ideally I would like to have them be low-contrast while also being mid-grey. To eliminate the high contrast look, I either have to go with a General Palette that’s either very light or very dark.

Thanks again!
Luke

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences