AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Chaos Group's Phoenix simulation progress

Are their any plans on supporting the progress update for Phoenix sims? I know this is currently supported for FumeFX where artists can view their simulations progress from within Deadline Monitor, however this same features doesn’t work for Phoenix (Chaos Group)

They changed their progress reporting? What app are you using PhoenixFD in and what version of Deadline? Can you please provide a job report?

Thanks!

Charles

I’ve never been able to see the progress of simulations in deadline monitor.
It just shows it’s simulating. I can email you a job report via email since it contains some private information.

What email do you prefer?

If i have a simulation on deadline that is running Phoenix, how can i show the progress in deadline monitor. Since the simulation/maxscript jobs are set to be a single frame, how to i show percentage progress?
du.SetProgress(slidertime.normalized) ??

du.SetProgress(

Is progress being reported to stdout? Meaning is the Worker log or job report printing progress? If so, we may be able to set the percentages in the UI. I would need some example stdout progress lines.

If progress is not being reported to stdout then there is nothing we can trigger on to set the progress in the UI. Additionally there could be verbosity settings that need to be raised to have Phoenix write progress to stdout.

I was able to figure it out by adding a callback in maxscript that is triggered when the frame in max is changed during simulation. then i set the progress in Deadline accordingly.

thanks cmoore

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences