AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Color management OFF while rendering with 3dsMax with OCIO

Hello

Im rendering in 3dsMax 2024 Arnold with OCIO activated, a EXR sequence in ACEScg,

when I render the sequences in my PC the colors are Ok, but when I do the Network rendering using Deadline, the colors are different. I noticed that in the Render window i have the message: "Color mgmt OFF"

even when I assign the PC where the project was made to be the only machine in the TASK, it turns off the OCIO config, and the colors are wrong. Someone had this issue before with the plugin?

Thanks

Hello @Oscar_Diaz
Could you share the log with me? Also try turning the the color management on from 3dsMax on the node which runs Deadline.

You could also open the scene on the render node and render it within Max. Check if it produces the correct output.

Hello @zainali

I dont see a Color management option in the Deadline 3dsmax plugin

I checked the log and I have this messages:

STDOUT: [OpenColorIO Info]: All parameters could not be used to create the menu: Found no color space using app categories. Categories have been ignored since they matched no color spaces.

[color_manager_ocio] default ocio.config found in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\MAXtoA_2024\bin…/ocio/configs/arnold/config.ocio

I have the same issue here with max 2024 and standard bitmaps in V-Ray. Since I render with V-Ray I could fix the issue by deactivating 3ds max’s aces option again (and set it back to the mode ‘gamma’ which is default). I then activated V-Rays aces primaries and VFB display to aces which result in the same in local renderings as well as deadline’s renderings.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences