AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

corona Render channels fails on SMTD script

Using Beta RC4 for Deadline and Corona Daily Build based on 0.72
about to try Beta 5

3dsmax 2015 SMTD script fails using Corona when you add essential render channels (which as the name implies- kind of essential)

please add more corona support as a renderer

oh, and this worked on last stable release. so pre release daily build has sent things off track

That’s not good. Every render element in 3ds Max (except for the “Missing Render Element” class) should expose an .elementName property.
We do check explicitly for the Missing_Render_Element_Plug_in class, but if Corona insists on implementing Render Elements without the .elementName property, we might have to add a more general test for the existence of the property. Unfortunately, a lot of things in SMTD depend on that property being accessible. If the element name is accessed in a non-standard way in Corona, that would be inconsistent with every other Render Element in Max.

Can you ask Ondra why these render elements do not expose the .elementName property that every other render element provides? Could this be an actual bug in Corona?

thanks for the feedback
nothing like double beta!!!

Hi Jacob,

I downloaded Corona Alpha v0.72 and tested using Max 2015.

Corona does indeed implement the .elementName property in it’s Render Elements and I’ve so far, been unable to reproduce the error you have seen. Looks like the error message is actually disguising the ‘true’ error in this case, so we need to travel further down the rabbit hole, to get to the ‘real’ bottom of this issue :slight_smile:

Could you provide a basic Max file (you can delete the geo in it, as I don’t care about that), which reproduces this error? Also, please can you open the maxscript listener window when the error occurs and copy ‘n’ paste the full error stack trace into this thread (and it as using the button at the top of this thread) and I’ll see if anything stands out.

Here’s a screen-grab of ALL the Corona RE’s in Deadline Monitor after a successful 3dsMax submission via SMTD.

Finally, with regard your comment about adding more Corona support in the future. This is indeed already on our roadmap. Watch this space. :wink:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences