AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Couple of questions about 7.2 and Cloud Wizard

Hello !
Finally i got into 7.2 beta !
Just wanted to know if the dynamic DBR slaves feature is available or it is still in development ? Really that is most important thing for me at this moment , so i will be most heavy beta tester for that one !
Also can you please point me on step-by-step tutorial on how to set up deadline for cloud ? If i have for example ready AMI image with 3dsmax and plugins installed , what are next steps ?
Really excited to participate !

The best way to start learning about using Deadline on the cloud is to use the Cloud Wizard. The Cloud Wizard will set up a demonstration farm in your GCP or AWS cloud account. You can modify the demo installation for production use or just use it as a reference for a custom cloud setup. You can get the Cloud Wizard here:

thinkboxsoftware.com/cloud-wizard-overview

We also have some docs (in progress) for manually setting up Deadline on various cloud providers. If you’d like an early copy, just send me a PM and I’ll get them to you.

Yep, i got the client already , will deal with it later this week.
Can i ask about licenses as well , how they are managed in the cloud ? I think that is why deadline will have license on demand thing , to match needs of cloud renders ?
Actually i target mostly on Amazon EC2 as i worked with it already.
I am mostly targeting on static images / distriubuted rendering so that is why i am interested in dynamic slaves as well are there any news / plans on that ? Just to know - should i make my own scripts to adjust number of slaves on a job or i should wait for dynamic slaves to be implemented ?
Thanks

The Cloud Wizard will provide 30 days of evaluation licenses. For Deadline 7.2, either short-term or permanent licenses are needed for cloud farming. In Deadline 8, we will also support Usage-Based Licensing.

The VMX feature set in Deadline includes the Deadline Balancer program. This program dynamically adjusts the number of cloud Slaves based on the Region Budget setting, Group Mappings, and the amount of eligible work in the queue.

More info here:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … ancer.html
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … ntrol.html

I was checking recently how VRay dynamic spawner list works , looks like it works pretty good if you change vray_dr.cfg during render. Is that a way dynamic DBR slaves will be working ?

I’m not sure if this is quite answering your questions, as I’m not too familiar with VRay DBR, but I believe you shouldn’t need to modify vray_dr.cfg if you want to modify the server names. You would just need to launch more VRay DBR jobs through Deadline, and it will take care of the VRay side.

These are our docs on the Deadline DBR plugin for Deadline:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produc … y-dbr.html

Yeah i am aware of that , thanks.
I am asking about different thing : forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … 51&p=60818 this is topic with my problem.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences