AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

cubic interpolation

Hi, i’m trying the cubic interpolation feature, outside computing over a single thread it looks like it’s interpolating over the whole cache and not what is displayed.
cheers

I am sorry, I did not understand that. Can you clarify? What “threads” do you mean? What cache?

Just in case this helps, Cubic Interpolation depends on a unique ID channel per particle.
If you have multiple Partitions, it won’t be able to determine which particle is which between frames because each Partition has the same IDs.
In other words, Cubic Interpolation only works if a single file sequence is loaded and it has a valid ID channel with a unique value per particle.

I will ask the developers if they have any ideas for a possible solution. I think I have a few, but I might be way off…

A possible hack (a bit laborious) would be to resave each PRT sequence with an incremented ID channel using Magma. I guess we could add the ID increment to the PRT Saver so in the future each partition would produce IDs that are offset by a billion or something like that.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences