AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Current state of Deadline [Oct 2023]

Hey all, I have an old employer who wants to contract me out to update their pipeline (which I built). The last version of Deadline that I had installed was the latest pre-Amazon release. So I’m just doing some research into what I’ll need to know for doing the update. They still are running with a local farm with Deadline installed on a local server.

So I’m curious what’s changed. Is there a new Deadline version? Can it still be run locally or has Amazon moved everything to AWS? Any tips for getting myself up to speed would be helpful.

Yep, 10.3 came out a little while ago, you can still run it locally (now license-free) and if they were on Deadline 10 an upgrade in place should be possible.

The upgrade process is the same as it ever was, everything can be installed in place.

The major jump is going to be from Python 2 to Python 3.10 for all the scripts used. So if you wrote them some custom goodies those will need to be updated to be compatible. Guide on what Deadline 10.3 needs from plugin code here.

Let us know if you have any questions!

2 Likes
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences