AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Custom toolbars

Is it possible to add scripts to custom buttons on toolbars or something like that? Im using 5 so I’m not sure what’s different in 6.

But for example I made a job script, but it’s a bit tedious to have to right click on a job and pick from the large rightclick menu> scripts > my script when there is a lot of space on the toolbar UI where I could have a button

Yes. That would be great.

-b

There currently aren’t any plans to add scripts to custom toolbars, but it’s something we could add to the todo list.

We will probably be looking at adding keyboard shortcuts for script menus at some point during the 6.x cycle, so that might work as an alternative.

Cheers,

• Ryan

Yeah that would be a good option too. I have 6 at home but can’t remember how much space there is on the UI, I assume lots like 5 though!

Has this ever been done? Because digging through the context menus for scripts is a bit of a pain…

Yeah I still wouldn’t mind some buttons to press :slight_smile:

The best we have at the moment are keyboard shortcuts:
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/script-menus.html#edit-selection

I think last we talked about it internally here, the only issue we had with UI customization was finding a way to make it obvious the extensions weren’t part of Deadline proper so that users wouldn’t be confused if they switched studios and didn’t know where Awesome Feature X went.

ah shortcuts are not a bad solution!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences