AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Customize location of slave data?

I’m guessing the answer to this is “no”, but is it possible to customize the location slaves use to store data for running jobs? This currently seems to be hard-coded to $HOME/Thinkbox/Deadline6/slave for the user running the slave.

Thanks

Yep, check out the very bottom of this page: thinkboxsoftware.com/deadlin … iguration/

Now, curiously, IIRC, it can also be set manually via the slave INI file, but there is a lack of documentation on this subject. I searched our user manual and the only reference to this setting is via the Pulse auto-configuration as per above, so I might be talking rubbish here…so will have to wait and see what Ryan says later today.

It can be set in the deadline.ini file using the SlaveDataRoot key:

SlaveDataRoot=/path/to/slave/data

We’ll need to add a page to our docs to cover the deadline.ini file. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Ryan

Oh wow, that’s perfect. Thanks, I had no idea.

FYI. The “user manual” docs have now been updated and today’s RC5 build release and it’s accompanying docs download link, contains a new page under “Advanced Features” > “Client Configuration”.

I know this is an old thread, but it would be great if the slave data root could be set as part of the installer options (e.g. in unattended mode).

Try passing --slavedatadir “/path/to/data/dir” to the client installer. There is a variable for this property in the installer, but for some reason the option to show it in the command line has been disabled (probably just an oversight). I think you can still pass the command line option though.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences