AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Database connection to MongoDB Atlas

Hi, I’d like to connect Deadline to MongoDB Atlas (https://www.mongodb.com/cloud/atlas) rather than have to host my own deadline database. So far I have:

• Run the installer
  • When requested (MongoDB Database Settings) added in one of the hosts of the cluster (production-shard-00-00.XXXX.mongodb.net)
    • Set the port to 27017, added in the replicaset name (atlas-XXXXX-shard-0)
    • Selected “Yes” for TLS encryption and "Use certificate for DB user auth)
    • In Atlas itself created a user which is authenticated through a certificate and downloaded that certificate (a PEM file with cert and private key in it) and put
      it in the “Client Certificate” box in the installer

Unfortunately I get “Error encountered when trying to load the x509 certificate: Could not find a certificate with a matching private key in the specified container”

Any ideas on what I need to do to resolve this?

Thanks!

2 years later:) Did you succeed?:slight_smile: We are now struggling with something similar, but we got past the X509 issue (use .pfx file). However still can’t make repository communicate with the Atlas cluster during the installation :frowning:

1 Like

I am also running into an issue with MongoDB Atlas.
I got the PEM, made a PFX, but still get:

The file mentioned in the error doesn’t exist…

‘Could not connect to any of the specified Mongo DB Servers’ defined in the hostname parameter of the ‘settings\connection.ini’ file in the root of the repository. The following errors were encountered: no such host is known.

@AndrewAtForming the error your getting “no such host is known” are mostly caused if the machine is not able to resolve the DNS host information you have provided under setting/connections Hostname parameter.

Can you check the value for the Hostname param under Repo/settings/connection.ini. And try ping/telnet to it.

I got past that with Atlas. The issue is it made me specify the primary server instead of using the connection string value (e.g. shard-00-02.abcdfgd.mongodb.net instead of deadlinetest.abcdfgd.mongodb.net)

The issue I get now is:

‘Cannot connect to the Mongo Database because its version could not be detected. A Minimum version 2.6 is required’.

The error ‘Cannot connect to the Mongo Database because its version could not be detected. A Minimum version 2.6 is required’ seems to coming from deadline and it is trying to run a function to get the version of the DB.

Which is basically trying to run serverStatus() on the DB console. It would also fails to get the information if you do not have access to view the server status. Can you try running any DB client application on machine to connect with the DB Atlas.

Yeah, I’m able to connect using mongosh.
That said, I ended up just doing another mongodb and am not going to use atlas.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences