AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline and mapped drive

Hi

I would like to setup rendering via deadline on my slave pc without having to “copy all external files to repository” - that being said I would like Deadline to read my mapped network drive paths so that I would be able to render on my slave without copying everything into one folder. But currently I am unable to make it work. When I submit job to deadline screen renders black as if it can´t access the mapped drive.

I am using Win 7 on my master computer and Win 10 on my slave. Mapping was done directly in windows for other reasons. I am on 3dsmax 2016 and latest Deadline

Also this might not be related to deadline but sometimes I get an error - fatal error - one or more auxiliary files are named “wood.jpg” . Names must be unique. When I checked asset tracking in max sometimes it contained the same wood.jpg but first loaded from network location and second loaded from mapped drive.

Thanks for any advice

In Tools (while in Super User Mode), under Configure Repository Options, look for the category “Mapped Drives”.

In this dialog, you can define drives to be mapped before rendering starts. This is a Windows-only feature, obviously.

You can specify the Mapped Drive’s letter, the Remote Path share, and any optional authentication (account and password). Note that if the Slave is running as a service, it might not see drives that the logged in user is seeing as the service runs under a different account. For that reason, there is also a checkbox to only perform the drive mapping if Slave is running as a service.

You can optionally check to only map if unmapped, and specify a region (e.g. AWS stack) where the mapping applies (you should probably leave it to “All”).

Some more details can be found here:
https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/repository-config.html?highlight=mapped%20drives#mapped-drives

Hey

thanks for the reply. It works fine but I have an slightly specific issue here as I am using dropbox as my mapped drive which is using smart sync on my node - so when the job starts it doesn´t save dropbox files automatically to local drive and I have to do that manually - I guess I have to have all files synced on my node as well?

Or is there any possibility to do that automatically?

Thanks

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences