AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Ftrack integration, "Could not retrieve valid master key. (System.InvalidOperationException)"

I am trying to configure the Ftrack event plugin, but after inserting the API-key I get this message:
“Could not retrieve valid master key. (System.InvalidOperationException)”
After searching I found out this has to do with secrets management, but we are not using secrets management.
How can I solve this?

The “Could not retrieve valid master key. (System.InvalidOperationException” error seems to be coming from the Secret Managment in Deadline. As you are trying to save the FTrack API key which is a event secret, you would need to give proper SM roles and registration to the Deadline Monitor machine.

You would need to give Monitor machine the “Server” role under Deadline Monitor > Tools > Manage Identities. Follow this documentation: Deadline Secrets Management — Deadline 10.2.0.10 documentation

Do let us know how it goes.

As I understand it, secrets management is only available when using Remote Connection Server? We are currently not using RCS, clients connect directly to the repository. Is there some other way to enable the Ftrack integration, without using secrets management?

Hello again! Does someone have an answer about this? Is it possible to enable Ftrack integration without RCS and secrets management?

Yes, but in your case you’ll have to re-run the repository installer to remove secrets management from your database if you’re not looking to use the RCS.

Then the FTrack settings won’t be managed by secrets management, and once you fill them in again you’ll be able to use the settings.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences