AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Mantra tiled render exception

hello ! I am having some trouble trying to debug an issue with submitting houdini mantra jobs using the ‘tiled’ option on the deadline ROP. I’ve read through the discussion here:

but unfortunately using the information provided I was still unable to get a render due to an exception in mantra.py:

FailRenderException : Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)
File “/var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline10/workers/ip-10-250-101-169/plugins/621e55d6cf9ad10e3f1e292f/Mantra.py”, line 182, in HandleStdoutError
self.FailRender(self.GetRegexMatch(0))

unfortunately the exception doesn’t tell me very much, and apart from trying to instrument that code I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Any and all help appreciated.

the houdini scene is the simplest possible render, a sphere a light and a camera. The scene renders fine when submitting via the deadline ROP in the standard way. When I turn ‘tiled’ on on the deadline ROP I get the aforementioned exception.

thank you

-G

Which versions of deadline and Houdini are you using?

I noticed it seemed to fail with mantra too, where it used to work, so assuming something introduced or missed in the py3 switch over.

Maybe this long awaited h19 deadline plugin update will finally fix everything.

Deadline 10.1.19.4, Houdini 18.5.596.

Still actively looking into it. Thank you for your reply.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences