AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Nuke submitter errors

Hello,

I’m trying to install Deadline on my computer to batch render from Nuke Indie. After installing the Repository and Client, I launch the Nuke submitter installer but I get this error message :

Could not detect the deadline repository directory because there was an error running deadlinecommand.exe from unknown variable installdir.
Check that the specified Deadline Client bin directory is correct.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong as the installation path and the environment variable all point to the correct bin folder where the deadlinecommand.exe exists.

As I was trying to do something different I tried to install the bundled files instead of the Repository. In Nuke, the “Submit Nuke to Deadline” option appears but displays an other error message :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10/submitters/Nuke\DeadlineNukeClient.py”, line 91, in main
import SubmitNukeToDeadline
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘SubmitNukeToDeadline’
The SubmitNukeToDeadline.py failed with the following error message. Please make sure that the Deadline Client has been installed on this machine, that the Deadline Client bin folder is set in the DEADLINE_PATH environment variable, and that the Deadline Client has been configured to point to a valid Repository.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10/submitters/Nuke\DeadlineNukeClient.py”, line 91, in main
import SubmitNukeToDeadline
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘SubmitNukeToDeadline’

Do you know how I could make this work ?

Thank you for your insight !

The submitter’s path has not been added to PYTHONPATH. I’m not sure where this is supposed to happen, probably in DeadlineNukeClient. You can try to add it manually in Nuke

import sys
sys.path.append("z:/DeadlineRepository10/submitters/Nuke/Main")

There might be something wrong with your Deadline installation. Have you tried rebooting the machine after the installation?

Looks like our script is trying to do the same and may not be executing properly. The code under /DeadlineRepository/submission/Nuke/Client/DeadlineNukeClient.py line #78 and I wonder that something wrong is been passed from the function:

path = GetRepositoryPath("submission/Nuke/Main") # type: str
    if path != "":
        path = path.replace( "\\", "/" )

# Add the path to the system path
        if path not in sys.path :
            print( "Appending \"" + path + "\" to system path to import SubmitNukeToDeadline module" )
            sys.path.append( path )

Try adding a “print(path)” statement in the script on line #79 and it should print out the path it got from the function.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences