AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline returns License Error or worker02 | 2 machines/ workers | no license bought yet

I am trying deadline for the first time, after many failed attempts. i decided to post here (if i can get it wto work i will most likely get UBL for a 3rd machine - i believe its free for two machines)
Here is the info:

1. main machine:
    repository installed in this
    AMD TR 2950x
    GFX: 2x 2070 super, 1x 1080Ti, 1x 1060
    DCC: Houdini Indie+ Redshift3D (licensed on this machine)

2. Worker:
    2x Xeon
    GFX: 1x 980Ti, 1x 1060
    DCC: Houdini Indie+ Redshift 3D

I managed to install them on both machine i get this error on a job submission on both workers:
FailRenderException : No licenses could be found to run this application
at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)

Deadline Version - Latest

Thanks a lot in advance.
m.

If there are more than 3 machines it won’t work, it’s only free if you have only 2 machines, if you have 3 machines you need 3 licenses

If you want the machines to run in free mode click the system tray icon

Check the license settings is on ‘No license’
not connecting to a floating standard license (FlexLM)

@anthonygelatka No i have only two machines, and i am currently using it only on those two machines.

ok, but do they have the license selected as ‘No License’

You can do this from the launcher or the Worker

@anthonygelatka Yes i have “No license” selected on both workers.

you might need to post your log file, looked like the error was on the Deadline license but it could be on the application

FailRenderException : No licenses could be found to run this application

Are you rendering Houdini with Redshift? Are you able to run a command line render without Deadline?

Here are the logs: (the one with the ubuntu has the repositories )
Slave_2020-11-10_13-2.zip (6.4 KB)

Yes I am on Houdini Indie+ Redshift

I have never used Command line renderer, i can try it though, could you point me to a guide somewhere?

Do you have the Houdini engine license for the render?

Hi, I do not think i have a sepearate “houdini engine” license. I am on houdini indie (and i am not sure/ don’t think its included in the indie license)

Do i need houdini engine license just to run deadline? i am not using any features from houdini engine in my scene,
I do have valid license for houdini indie (for 2 xmachines). and one redshift license.

Here is the documentation from SideFX
https://www.sidefx.com/faq/question/rendering-with-engine-licenses/

You should get a free Engine license with Indie, this way you don’t have to consume a full license. I think you can request or get this from your Houdini account

I think it should work with a full license though

So, you are saying the license error is not “Deadline” license error but “Houdini” license error?
(even though i have a houdini-indie license on both machines?)

I think you’ve got different issues on different machines, the linux node looks like it has errors elsewhere, the windows one looks like it has errors with a license. Deadline wouldn’t process the jobs if it didn’t have a license

Error

FailRenderException : Error: TypeError("'NoneType' object is not callable",) in <bound method TxManager.__del__ of <txmanager.core.TxManager object at 0x7fcae9099dd0>> ignored
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)
  File "/home/desktop/Thinkbox/Deadline10/slave/DESKTOP-1O4PAGG/plugins/5faa8136fb4bf5d731abe56d/Houdini.py", line 423, in HandleStdoutError
    self.FailRender(self.GetRegexMatch(1))

2020-11-10 13:20:52: 0: STDOUT: **[Redshift] Houdini/FX or Indie license found, no render restrictions**

@anthonygelatka any suggestions to get them working?
if it helps in anyway in one of the many attempts it did render just the beauty pass fot the first frame. (just once) and it used the worker on linux (server)

Also would you recommend I just try to buy a minimum (10$) UBL, if it will help?

you don’t need the UBL, you’ve got the license for houdini, if you’ve only got one redshift license then this is probably your issue, you can’t render on 2 machines with only 1 redshift license

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences